Monday, June 8, 2009

Twilight Author Doesn't Need So Much Space: Quits Social Networking

by

Article Source: E! Online

Stephenie Meyer won't be using MySpace to clear up Twilight rumors any time soon.

The author of the best-selling, four-part vampire love series announced on her official website that she is kicking her social networking page to the curb.

"It was a lot of fun while it lasted, and I really miss the early days when I could hang out with people online," Meyer wrote. "Many of you are hilarious and insightful, and I wish it was easier for me to talk to everyone the way I used to."

Meyer warned against being duped by imposters...

"With MySpace no longer in existence, I can now clearly state that...there is no other outlet where I communicate with people online," Meyer continued. "I do not have a Facebook page, and I have never had one. I don't do Twitter. So if you're communicating with someone online that you think is me, it's not."

Meanwhile, Meyer gave a shout-out to Rick Riordan's best-selling tween book series, Percy Jackson & the Olympians.

"If you're looking for some beach reading, you may want to try [the series] if you haven't already," she wrote. "My son finally finished book five yesterday so I could read it today. It was a fantastic end to a fantastic series. I tip my hat to you, Mr. Riordan!"

ORIGINAL ARTICLE HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment